05. JULY 2019 Artificial Intelligence Made in Passau: Company Visit by the Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
Passau, July 5, 2019—Does a data product developed in Passau have the potential to both conquer the European market and boost mobility projects? Federal Transport Minister Andreas Scheuer, who hails from Passau, explored this question on Friday when he visited the managing directors of One Data GmbH, Andreas Böhm and Stefan Roskos, at the company headquarters in Passau.
The focus of the conversation with the medium-sized company was the One Data-developed by One Data. Furthermore, One Data presented mobility-related projects to the Federal Minister in their HQ showroom. The discussion focused on how AI can advance the mobility transition:
- How can geological data, material properties and weather data be used to mathematically calculate which maintenance work will be needed on which rail tracks and when?
- How do you calculate the optimal locations for rental bikes, e-scooters, and charging stations?
- How can sales forecasts for consumer goods help optimize logistics chains, cut CO2 emissions, and reduce traffic jams?
- How can AI be used to predict customer needs and capture new car orders more efficiently?
Federal Minister Scheuer was impressed: “It’s great when innovations from Bavaria can make an important contribution to the success of the new mobility. The term “mobility transition” falls short here. We’re currently experiencing a mobility revolution that’s happening very quickly, and which would be impossible to implement without artificial intelligence—whether on water, land, or in the air. This is why One Data is making a very important contribution to German automobile manufacturers, infrastructure companies, and logistics providers.”
Andreas Böhm, Founder and Managing Director of One Data, is pleased about the visit from Berlin: “We are honored to be able to present the Federal Minister with further approaches for the productive use of AI in implementing new mobility concepts. With over 800,000 employees in the German automotive industry, it is essential for Germany as a business location that the mobility transition succeeds. We want to do our part and make efficiency gains and new business models possible with data.”
After the presentation, journalists and employees had the opportunity to play table football with the Federal Minister. One Data has its own football table that delivers AI evaluations. It turned out that the Federal Minister is a true master of the game. His high score is now the one to be beaten by One Data teams internally.Download press release
About One Data
One Data is a leading company for the use of artificial intelligence (AI), founded in 2013. It enables its customers to monetize data quickly and sustainably and to digitize business models. As an agile provider of AI-based data products, One Data uses the latest technologies and algorithms from the fields of machine learning, deep learning and AI.